Friday, November 01, 2013

Marsh Madness: Part Six (forgotten)


Below is the back end to Part Six of Marsh Madness. Somehow I managed to not upload it last time. The original post is updated with it as well. So here it is...enjoy.

            “There’s no way in heck that I’m doing that,” Midas snarled. “Leopold, tell him he’s being ridiculous.”
            “You’re both being ridiculous for making so much noise while we’re tracking a monster,” Leopold shot back. “It probably already knows that we’re here thanks to you.”
            “Another reason to not risk our lives on a futile mission,” Daniel said.
            “Wrong,” Leopold countered in a quiet voice. “Raven isn’t dead as far as I can tell. I can get us back to camp, so we aren’t in any danger at the moment as long as you to shut up. We’re going to continue.”
            “You’re not thinking,” Daniel argued. “Raven has been captured by a beast of significant size and will be dead soon if she isn’t already. Even if we find the thing, we won’t be able to anything to it. You saw the destruction that it wreaked; we’ll be like gnats to it.”
            “If you want to go back, be my guest,” Leopold said sharply. “Take your amazing tracking skills and find your own way back to the camp. Take our stedillion, take our contract fee, but take it away from here.”
            “You know that I can’t find my way back,” Daniel complained. “You’ve gotten us so lost and turned around I don’t know which way is north.”
            “Well I do, which means that you have two options,” Leopold said. “Either leave right now or stay, but if you stay, you had better keep your mouth shut or I will shut it for you.”
            The harsh statement from the younger boy caught Daniel off guard.
            “We really are close, aren’t we?” he asked.
            “Yes we are, and unless you want to end up dead, you need to be quiet.”

No comments:

Post a Comment