Friday, April 20, 2012

After the Long Sabbatical

To whoever reads this:

            I should warn you before I start this post that it will not really be that humorous. At least, right now I don’t think so. That could change halfway through, but consider yourself warned if you muddle through the whole thing and say to yourself, “Wow. That was not one of his better posts.” The purpose of this is to get you up to speed on a few important events in my recent history to, perhaps, give you some perspective on what I may write next. So here goes: what has happened recently.
1.      AFROTC consumes my time. For those that don’t know, AFROTC doesn’t stand for A Freaking Ridiculous Ostracized Technician Club; it stands for Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps. It has been taking all of my time for pretty much the whole semester, hence the lack of blog posts. I do lots of great stuff like take attendance, put it into spread sheets, and file forms. Oh, and I PT twice a week, go to class on Wednesday, go to Practical Military Training, go to Leadership Laboratory, and… well you get the picture. Between that and Civil Engineering curriculum, I get no sleep and study all of the time, but boy is it fun!
2.      I’m still cranking away at my book. In all 3 of the hours of free time that I have had over the past 4 months, I’ve been trying to make it publishable. I guarantee you that you don’t realize how much time goes into the process. It’s absolutely ridiculous.
3.      I’m also super excited about building a computer. To anyone pretty nerdy, I know, but it’s going to be a blast! I get to (with the help of a friend) put my own machine together and boy is it going to be screaming fast. Especially for the amount of money that I’m putting into it. A plus to that I’ll finally have a computer that I can do my video editing on. So yeah, that movie that I had trailers for about 9 months ago is finally going to happen.
4.      I love my Statics class! That’s probably good since that’s what I want to do with my degree when I graduate. I also officially hate literature. So much reading of books that I don’t understand or that bore me to tears. And so many papers for me to writer over the course of the semester. I also hate surveying, but that is another story altogether.

And that is pretty much what I’ve done for the past semester. All school, ROTC, and nothing else. Like I said, not that interesting of a post, but things should pick up in the next one. As always, thanks for reading my blog.


Peter Last

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to hear more about your civil engineering; my son wants to be one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I'll get a post about that up asap. I'll try to make it as interesting as possible too!

      Delete